Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Finally Back On The Road/Starting The Album

This has been a different year for sure in my music life but it's also been one of the most exciting. Writing the songs for this album has been such a great learning experience and so fun chasing the sound that would get me to the next phase in my career. The new songs I've written the last month just have added even more excitement to this album. 3 new songs especially, "Everybody Loves You", "Crazy Tonight", and "The Party" are some of the most joyous stuff I've ever written. Recording starts next week so expect the announcements to keep coming on the album from now on...

Felt so good to get back out on the road this past weekend in the Carolinas and last night in Oregon. Getting a chance to reconnect with everyone is so important and really makes me so freakin anxious for the fall tour...

Summer is coming to an end so I thought I'd give my list of fav movies (I saw a lot of em!)

1. Inception - an obvious choice but this was so well done and trippy
2. The Expendables - it was what is was and that's everything I wanted it to be
3. The Other Guys - definitely one of Will Ferrel's best and everyone in the movie was VERY funny
4. Toy Story 3 - Pixar just tell better stories than the rest
5. Scott Pilgrim Vs. The World - as original as hell, very cool shiz
6. Predators/A-Team - fun, not great action
7. Despicable Me - didn't go into this with high expectations, but very good
8. Iron Man 2 - I really liked it, Downey, Rockwell, and Rourke were amazing but it could of been way better

2 comments:

  1. Love that your coming out with a new album and LOVE that you love Iron Man 2 and Downey <3 <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really wanted to see Inception and Scott Pilgrim Vs The World but didn't get to! my sister and I planed on months to see Scott Pilgim and when we went to go see it, it was out of our theater! SO BUMMED!

    ReplyDelete